Thursday, January 27, 2011

State of the Resolutions: First Edition

It's about the end of the month and I figured I ought to check in on my progress for my yearly resolutions/goals. (I don't actually have much to report otherwise - life is busy but normal.)

1. Half/Full Marathons

I have not yet run my half and full marathons yet. Waayyyy too early for that. However, I'm officially signed up for Run the Bluegrass half (www.RunTheBluegrass.org) and on a training schedule for the full marathon. The current battle is figuring out which one to do. I'm between a late June one in Michigan or an early July one in Vermont. I think some of it will depend on who I can drag with me.

I may also be doing a Warrior Dash in early June. I've seen these crazy obstacle races before but this one seems more interesting with the addition of jumping through fire (literally) and lots of beer at the end.

2. Household projects


I've done a little bit (like recovering an old lampshade) and scouted out more than anything for things to makeover for the new digs. Not much progress on this one as of yet but there are a bajillion ideas swirling around in my head. I really just need to be patient and get into the space before I embark on most of these things. Big project for the spring will be figuring out what to do with the hideous laminate kitchen cabinets.


3. Experiment in the kitchen


So far I've been very successful in completing my weekly experiment. I'll have to post more details about that later. I haven't been able to spend much time with the bread making, although Corey is a rockstar with it right now. I'm a little nervous about stepping into his artisan baker shadow, but there's hope yet!


4. Budget


I'm failing miserably at this. My biggest hurdle is that since we're getting ready for a move into a new place, there are just so many odds and ends that we need to take care of. I need to calm it down a bit with my excitement for getting to decorate and make this place my home for at least the next 3 years. My new mantra needs to be "decorate in stages."

I guess that's about it for now. Maybe at least one monthly check-in with these goals could be a good way to keep myself accountable.

More to come in a few weeks with the big move!

No comments:

Post a Comment