Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snow Day

I've decided to be willingly snowed in today. I rarely get a day where it is socially acceptable to lay around in my pajamas, so today is my day. I had some grand plans of being super productive this weekend, but that can wait.

I did get a chance to start on my taxes before I realized that I don't have all my paperwork yet for them. I got ahead enough to realize that it would be better for me to file on my own rather than as a dependent but I don't think that's going to happen - Dad wants to use me one last time. Oh well. My taxes are a reflection of 2009 in more ways than just my income. I had to go back through the year and was reminded how drastically things have changed for me. This time last year, I was a full-time student and completely dependent on my dad. Now, I'm a resident of another state trying to figure out how to move...again. I had to claim rental property income since my grandfather passed away in June and I inherited portions of his properties. I've been paying into my own medical care with my job at the law firm, so I have to deduct that. I can apparently claim expenses from job hunting which I did quite a bit of in May. I can only deduct my student loan payments if I file on my own - that's annoying. To say the least, things are only going to get more complicated from here on out and each year around this time, I'll be forced to go back through and recollect the previous year for all the good and the bad.

In other news, the long group run was cancelled this morning. But I still need to get in my 8-miler at some point this weekend. I can't really afford to get behind in my training with only eight weeks to go until the half marathon. I'm seriously considering a full marathon in October or November, depending on how my schedule works out. Running with people who have similar goals really helps with understanding my potential. I never thought that it was sane thing to do, running 26 miles in a single go. Now I see that the focus and energy would help balance me out a little bit. I've always had something to work towards - a degree, a job, etc. - so now that things are settling down, I need a new big goal. A half marathon is a big goal, don't get me wrong. I just like to aspire to bigger and better things. I'm a little nutso like that.

I like being "snowed in" this weekend. It gives me a chance to take some time for myself without feeling guilty about not getting out much. Time to make myself something to much on during the UK game. Go Cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment