Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Zero

Zero. Nada. Zilch.

This is where I'm starting my running/weight loss blog portion. Instead of documenting my weight each week, I'll just do it in +, - or 0 depending on how many pounds I've gained, lost or stayed the same. So this week, being the first week, is obviously 0. There are some things I ought to keep secret and this is one of them. However, it is 5 pounds less than I was at 2 weeks ago, so that's gotta mean something.

I'm working on portion control more than what I eat exactly. I don't overload my plate and I'm trying to eat more slowly. I also try to eat all the green leafy veggies before anything else since they fill me up first and I don't feel so bad for not finishing all of my meat, starches, etc.

I've also been a little better with consistency about running. I've stuck to my assigned running days, although they are super short runs compared to what I was doing before injury (less than 3 miles a day). BUT I figured this is better than nothing, and I'll be increasing mileage before I know it. My pace is faster than it probably should be - it's around a 9:55 right now and I should be keeping it at 10:30 or so. But it's so hard to run slower when I know I'm only a mile away from the finish. The only slip up I've had in the last week is my lack of a morning run so far. Monday I was too drained and Tuesday was a hurricane-like downpour. So the run happened Tuesday evening instead. I made myself get up this morning for yoga to practice the morning ritual that is so difficult for me. Marshall The Cat decided to participate in my yoga this morning, and he crawled under me as I did downward dog. He's a funny cat.

Corey has also taken to making our home a full-fledged bakery. We have too much bread to fill our bread box, and he's giving it away at this point because there is no humanly way we can eat that much bread before it goes off. We'll try though!

Tonight I'm going to try to make biscotti. It seems so simple and would be nice to have a little treat like that around, particularly for an after dinner sweet with a cuppa tea. I'm thinking I'll start with a basic chocolate almond variety. Mmm.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment